Monday, January 26, 2009

what is the deal?

I don't break down, I don't really cry much. I cried today... I think, after 4 months of waiting for my visa, I had had enough and the dam broke. I have tried to keep it in, smile and say everything will be just fine. And it will. No matter the outcome, I will be OK. But it just doesn't feel like it right now.

I miss my family more than you can imagine. I miss my dog. My car. My trips to get coffee. The sun... I'm not one to feel sorry for myself and I hate it when I do. I can't stay sad very long, it just isn't who I am. And thank God for that! I do catch myself thinking sometimes though, what if...I don't get the visa? What then? What am I supposed to do? but I can't really allow myself to go there. If I do, I'm in a real emotional mess.

I don't even know how to write about this in a way that makes sense. I just need to get it out. I feel a bit better when I do and I don't think a whole lot of people read this anyway, so it's probably not that big of a deal...

What is the deal?

I'm frustrated. I want to make something happen and I can't. My hands are tied, so to speak, and I don't like it. I like to be able to do something practical, to see some progress. I don't like the not knowing part. It's very uncomfortable. I just need some feedback! Dear Lord!

2 comments:

Josh Selley said...

I'm sorry to hear about your jacked-up news about the Visa. In times like this, instead of fretting and worrying, just praise your way through to victory. Yes, that sounds easier said than done, but in the end you'll get the victory and God will get the glory.

Camilla Tomren said...

All is well. I got my visa today and I'm picking it up tomorrow.