Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's amazing what journeys life can take you on. I have been on a crazy one this year. I have experienced so much, learned a bunch about myself in the process and I'm ready for this crazyness to be over. I came here last spring to be here for my cousin as she was going through some things. I got a job, met some great people, saved some money and now I'm ready to come back home. It's weird to think about Oklahoma as "home", and my home country as not being home. I feel like an outsider here. I mean, I speak the same language, I was born here, but it's no longer my home. I miss my family and friends most of all. More than I thought possible. I have grown closer to some of my friends while being gone and made some new ones both here and there :) I have rebuilt one friendship, something that I thought would never happen. Now, I'm wating on news about my visa and that has been one crazy, emotional ride. I'm normally not a very emotional person, but this has just got me on edge. I don't think the people at work notice because I try not to let it affect my mood or how I act around them. But, when I'm at home in the apartment all by myself, I strugle with the emoitions of loneliness and frustration. I know all will be well. That God perfects that which concerns me. That no weapons formed against me shall prosper. That the testing of my faith produces patience. That if God is for me, who can be against me? I am more than a conqueror. This is just a portion of what I'm feeling right now, the other part I'm not sure I can even put words to right now. It might take me a while to process everything that has happened this year. Ciao!

2 comments:

Michael Johnson said...

I am getting ready to write a year end blog...but I am trying to process it too. :) I will see you soon!

Matt and Cristin said...

Hi friend...I miss you and love you! I"m praying for you. Keep speaking God's word over your life! His Word is SO powerful!! He loves you so much and knows how you feel. He cares for you! :) Remember..you are a WOG in the FOG!! (Do you remember what that means?:) I can't wait to chat with you once you are back home in OK! JP has not made his grand entrance into this world yet...still hoping for Christmas or before! :) Let's talk STAT! :)